The news is full of coverage about Coronavirus and it’s something we take very seriously at Pet Sitters Ireland. Limiting the spread of the virus is vital and everyone is doing their part to keep those at high risk safe.
What is Coronavirus?
According to the HSE Webiste
“COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.”
Symptoms of Coronavirus include:
- A cough
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- Sore throat
- Aches and pains.
Note – if you have any concerns over any symptoms you are experiencing please phone your doctor and discuss it with them.
According to the HSE you could get Coronavirus if:
- You come into close contact with a person who has the virus and it’s coughing or sneezing
- Or you touch a surface where an infected person has sneezed or coughed.
The HSE has issued the following guidelines to help prevent the spread of the virus. And these are the guidelines that we will be adhering to on a day to day basis as we go about our work.
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are not well.
- Avoid crowded places, especially indoors.
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Share objects that touch your mouth – for example, bottles, cups.
Pets and coronavirus
At the moment there is no evidence that pets, such as cats and dogs, can catch coronavirus – or spread it.
You might like to read the following for more in depth thoughts and opinions:
- Can Dogs Get Coronavirus >>https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/news/can-dogs-get-coronavirus/
- Can your dog or cat get Coronavirus and can you catch it from your pet? >> https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coronavirus-pet-dog-can-you-catch-it-transmission-a9376926.html
- World Organisation for Animal Health >>https://www.oie.int/en/scientific-expertise/specific-information-and-recommendations/questions-and-answers-on-2019novel-coronavirus/
If you are planning to travel we would advise following information and advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
For updated travel advice visit https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/coronavirus/
The HSE is providing ongoing updates on the situation in Ireland.
For ongoing updates about Coronavirus visit https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/