Sometimes a day home alone – with the phone turned off and no contact with the outside world – is just what’s needed to unwind and relax. But, imagine having that day home alone every day for eight, nine, or even 10 hours or more.
You’d probably go a little bit stir crazy and become lonely.
That’s likely how your dog feels as he’s cooped up in the house while you are at work for the day.
Fortunately, you have options for breaking up your dog’s monotony throughout the day. A professional dog walker, for example, can visit your dog each day, take him for a walk to eliminate and to get much-needed socialization, and to ensure your house is secure.
Doggy daycare, on the other hand, promises your dog will have companionship of daycare providers and other dogs throughout the day. Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of using doggy daycare for your pooch.
Pet Sitters Ireland provide Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services across all of the Republic of Ireland for all types of animals. Call us 1800 303010 or 087 9898042 or Contact Us for more information.
Is Doggy Daycare The Best Option For Your Dog?
Advantages Of Doggy Daycare
- Promises your dog will have constant companionship when you can’t be there with him.
- Provides overnight care, in some facilities.
- Offers plenty of socialisation.
Disadvantages Of Doggy Daycare
If you enroll your pup in doggy daycare the entire workweek, you will have to:
- Travel to and from the daycare center to drop off and to pick him up daily.
- Pay for doggy daycare in addition to travel expenses.
Also, not all dogs are compatible with doggy daycare. A dog who suffers from separation anxiety, for example, may thrive at home with a professional dog walker who visits and takes the dog out for a walk once or twice a day.
You might also enjoy reading: Doggy Daycare Versus Dog Walking: Which Is Better?
Questions To Ask A Doggy Daycare Facility
Before you sign your dog up for doggy daycare, head to the facility and talk with the owner to learn what to expect from the experience. Make sure to ask such questions as:
- Are dogs supervised at all times?
- What is the maximum number of dogs allowed in the facility at one time?
- Are all dogs enrolled in the daycare required to have their shots and vaccinations?
- What kind of activities do you have to keep dogs entertained?
- What types of safety precautions are in place to keep dogs safe?
- Have any dogs previously been injured at the facility?
Be sure to ask plenty of questions when you visit the doggy daycare. Ask if your dog can also visit to see if he appears comfortable or interested in his surroundings.
You might also enjoy reading: Hiring A Local Dog Walker
What Happens When You Decide To Use A Dog Walker Instead Of Doggie Day Care?
- Get in touch with us via our contact form or call us on 1800 30 30 10
- Firstly we will chat to you about the different options available and give you a quote for those services.
- Once you have decided what length of frequency and walks suit your dog we will arrange to come out and meet you and your dog(s)
- When you meet your dog walker you can make sure that it’s a good match and your dog is happy they will be hanging out with them each day
- Your dog walker will be there each day to take them for their walks and then send you pictures of them out on their walk having fun.
Get in touch today to find out how we can help your cat while you are away. Call us 1800 303010 or 087 9898042 or Contact Us for more information.