Taking your dog for a walk is great exercise for both you and your dog, and is a great way to bond and have fun with them. Preparation is key making your trip to the park or beach a great success.
So what 5 things does your Dog Walker suggest that you take on your Dog Walk with you?
1. Quality Lead – it’s important you have a strong lead that is appropriate for the size of the dog. Sometime an extender lead might be appropriate for you dog, so they can explore a little further away from you – but you still have control over them. Remember as your dog grows you might need to replace the lead for something more appropriate to their size and weight.
2. Water – I know Ireland is not always the hotest place, but that doesn’t mean your dog won’t want a nice drink of water. So always have some water with you and perhaps a colapsable bowl that you pour the water into. You might even want some water for yourself if it is a brisk walk!!
3. Poo Bags – These are essential to ensuring that dogs don’t get banned from public parks and beaches. It’s a MUST to pick up after your dog – after all they can’t do it themselves and it is what you signed up for when you got a dog.
4. Treats – You might want to treat your dog at the end of the walk, or use treats as part of your lead training. Make sure they you don’t over feed your dog with treats though.
5. Mobile Phone in case of emergency – Make sure you have a phone that is charged. You never know if you might injur yourself or the dog might get injured. You want to be able to make contact with someone if you need help.
Next thing is to Enjoy Your Dog Walk!!!