If you are pet owner and considering getting a new vacuum to keep on top of all that dog hair and mess that comes with being a dog owner, then keep reading about the Dyson V6 Absolute.
Facts About The Dyson V6 Absolute Vacuum?
The Dyson V6 Absolute Vacuum is a cordless vacuum which is extremely handy for cleaning up every day pet messes.
The Dyson V6 boasts:
- Twice the suction of any other cordless stick vacuum
- 150% more brush bar power than the animal vacuum
- It’s small, light and powerful
- Dyson cyclone technology that captures fine dust
- Direct drive cleaner head that gets deep into the carpet to remove even more dirt
- A hard floor cleaner head that gets deep into crevices to remove dirt
- A mini motorised tool – great for removing pet hair from furniture and car seats
- A crevice tool to get into all those hard to reach places
- Cleans floor to ceiling, and turns into a handheld
- Stores away in a handy docking station while it charges
Watch the Video below to see the Dyson V6 in action.
Upright Dyson Vacuum Versus Cordless Dyson Vacuum
With 2 dogs we have had an upright Dyson Vacuum for the last 5 years. It was a great investment and the difference between a Dyson and a regular vacuum has to be seen to be believed. The suction of a Dyson is eye opening! Instead of pushing dirt into your carpet the Dyson takes more dirt away than you could imagine.
This is the dirt that the Dyson collected from doing the 4 steps on a set of stairs we tried it out on. Pretty amazing! Considering this person vacuums at least once per week!
The main difference for me with between the upright and cordless model is the weight of the machines. The cordless model is so much lighter and easier to move around.
I find that the upright is not very convenient for stairs and it can get heavy when you carry it around, whereas the cordless is extremely handy to move around the house.
Also, my 2 dogs always bark at the upright and try to attack the power cord. This cordless seems much quieter and there are obviously no cords for them to try and chew, making it much easier for me to vacuum with them in the same room.
Is the Dyson V6 Absolute Vacuum Good For Pet Owners?
We have 2 pointers and although they have very short hair the amount of dog hair that they shed is unreal. Everything they brush past seems to get covered in dog hair.
With the Dyson V6 it allows me to:
- Vacuum their beds
- Vacuum the sofa
- Remove all the bits of dust and dirt they bring in from outside onto the hard kitchen floor
- Get rid of all those tiny hairs out of the car
- Get into the corner and edges of the room where dog hair seems to collect
See the Before and After on the rug the dogs had been napping on!
The Benefits of a Dyson V6 Absolute Vacuum
- The suction is the number one benefit and the amount of dirt it removes – it really does have a great amount of suction power and the boost feature is extremely good when you need extra power.
- The machine is very lightweight and the vibrant colour of it is great!
- Attachments are easy to pop on and off, and the handy storage space for them on the wall mounted unit is brilliant.
- The storage unit which mounts on the wall is really handy to keep it out the way and keep it charged.
- I love the fact you have a vacuum for your carpets and floors, plus a handheld vacuum all in one machine.
The Disadvantages of the Dyson V6 Absolute Vacuum
- The battery life is only about 30 minutes – which means if you are going to clean the entire house you can’t do it all in one session.
- The bin that collects the dust, dirt and dog hair is quite small – so you do have to empty it more often than an upright. However, for the convenience and weight of the machine I felt this was acceptable.
Should you buy a Dyson V6 Absolute Vacuum?
Be warned…the Dyson is not cheap. But it is an investment and for me it is well worth paying the extra if you have pets.
It’s so hard to keep on top of all that dog hair, dust and dirt, and the Dyson makes that job much easier for you. I actually feel the dog hair is being taken out the house instead of being pushed into the carpets and furniture.
Also, the Dyson is built to last – so it’s not a purchase you will be making every year.
The check out the full spec of the Dyson and order one visit HERE
Let us know in the comments BELOW if you have a Dyson and what you think of it.
Note: I received the Dyson V6 Absolute mentioned above for free to assist in an article we were writing about the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.