Friday night, your favourite movie and a big tub of popcorn – we can all relate to that. But is it safe to share your popcorn with your dog and if not then we have the best Dog Friendly Popcorn Recipe for you.
According to the American Kennel Club “Plain, air-popped popcorn is safe for dogs to eat in small quantities.”
But popcorn with other toppings, sweet and salty, is definitely not safe for your dog to have – and most of us opt for those types of popcorn.
That’s why making your dog their own dog friendly popcorn treat is a great idea. You can enjoy your favourite popcorn and they get their own treats that are perfectly safe for them.
Dog Friendly Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 a cup of plain popcorn
- 1 cup of peanut butter*
- 1 tsp olive oil
* Note – Make sure your peanut butter does not include Xylitol as this is not safe for dogs
- Pop the popcorn and add it to a large bowl
- Mix in the wet ingredients until the popcorn is fully coated
- Create small treat size balls of popcorn
- Leave to cool until they are set and then serve
Note – These should be given as treats and not in excess
You might also enjoy reading: Peanut Butter Dog Friendly Cupcakes Your Dog Will Love
Let us know in the comments if you try these for your dog.