With the warm weather we have had I decided to make the dogs some dog friendly ice cream. I wasn’t really sure how it would go down, but the ingredients are all things the dogs love – so I figured why not give it a try.
If I was making this again I would half the recipe as it made A LOT of ice cream. They certainly won’t be short of a treat for while.
It’s really quick and easy to make though – just make sure you have plenty of room in the freezer.
Dog Friendly Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 ripe bananas (you could add a mix of fruit if you wanted to)
- 5 cups yogurt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Blend the mixture together until there are no lumps at all. I would recommend using really ripe bananas as they blend really easily.
- Pour into ice cube trays. I had some fun heart shaped trays which made tiny little heart shaped ice cream treats.
- Freeze overnight or until fully frozen.
- Treat your dogs to a tail wagging treat!
The Verdict from Coco and Joey!
I must say they both loved the ice cream. Coco was a little unsure at first and didn’t really seem to understand what it was. But once they had a few licks of it they really enjoyed it. (Or so they tell me!)
I’d love to hear if you make the ice cream for your dogs, or any of my other Dog Treats. Let me know in the comments below.