As part of our series on Dog Friendly Hotels we talked to the Castle Hotel in Macroom. It looks like a beautiful setting and a great place to travel to with your dogs. Your dog won’t be allowed in all areas of the hotel, but they receive a lovely welcome pack on arrival and there are great places to walk your dog in the local area.
If you have been to the hotel before then let us know in the comments below.
1. Tell us the name of your hotel, where you are located and how potential customers can contact you.
Castle Hotel & Leisure Centre, Macroom, Co Cork- A member of Irish Country Hotels. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What is a spot that my dog MUST sniff out during their stay with you?
Sullane River walk – just a few minutes from The Castle Hotel.
3. What type of dog friendly services do you provide that would make my dogs tail wag?
On check-in: Your pet will receive a welcome doggie bag, which will include a toy, a treat and clean-up bags. In-room: Food and water bowl with fresh mineral water.
4. Will my dog get their own bed?
Owners should bring pet bedding.
5. What can my dog expect to get for their dinner when they stay at your hotel?
Owners are requested to bring their own food requirements for dogs.
6. Is it access all areas my dogs? Or are they limited to certain areas?
Dogs are not allowed within the public areas of the hotel eg.The lobby, bars and restaurants, excluding dogs for the visually impaired.
7. Can my dog bring her brother? Yes.
8. When my dog takes their nap, what can mum and dad do?
In house – B’s Restaurant, Dan Buckley’s Bar & The Next Door Cafe. Extensive Leisure Centre.
And here is a link of things to do in the area: https://www.castlehotel.ie/en/castle-hotel-macroom-location/things-to-do/reasons-to-visit-macroom/
9. Is their wifi at your hotel where my dog can check his FB page? Yes free Wi-Fi
10. What’s the best thing about your hotel that my dog would just LOVE!
All our staff who are just doggie mad and so welcoming!
This is just one of their Pet Friendly Hotels – so you can find more details at the link below of other hotels you can visit with your dog.