Ireland boasts some of the world’s finest veterinarians. At Pet Sitters Ireland, we value the veterinary professionals in our communities. To honour the best in veterinary care, we are looking for Ireland’s best veterinarians. Do you know a veterinarian or a veterinary clinic that deserves to be recognised as the country’s best? Let us know!
Introducing The Best Vet in Ireland Nominee: Carton Vet Clinic
1. Tell us the name of your vets, where you are located and how potential customers can contact you.
Carton Vets, unit 8 Carton Park, Maynooth, Co Kildare
Phone: 01 6291949
2. Tell us about your facility and what services you offer.
Carton Veterinary Clinic first opened its doors February 2012. The clinic is a modern 100% small animal hospital caring from dogs and cats to rabbits, small furries, and birds.
Our Staff includes two vets along with three registered veterinary nurses.
We offer a wide range of services:
· Consultation by appointment throughout the day
· General surgery- modern full surgical theatre along with separate prep room
· Dental Machine
· Ultrasound and digital x-ray
· Gaseous anaesthesia
· In house blood machine and blood pressure station
· In house Laboratory
· Pet passports
· Hip and Elbow scoring
· Complementary nurse weight clinics
· 24 hour emergency service
We have a separate dog and cat ward. We also have an isolation unit. Noreen’s Grooming room provides a full grooming service which includes a modern hydraulic bath/shower, dryer and grooming tables. We also have ample parking given our location.
3. Tell us about your amazing staff? Why will our pets love them?
All our staff love caring for pets. We all have our own pets and they frequently attend work with our staff. The pets are part of the family and we place a strong emphasis on that.
4. What makes you different to other vets in your area?
We pride ourselves on excellent patient care and strong client communication. The clinic provides a high standard of care, the type of care we would expect our own pets to receive. In cases where a pet requires hospitalisation, we strive to keep the owner fully informed at all times.
We understand that having a pet in the hospital for ongoing treatment can be stressful so we try to alleviate that by providing a service that makes the owner feel at ease.
5. How do you make your clients’ tails wag like crazy?
We like make a fuss of your pets. Plenty of pampering is a must and we find that treats always make for a pleasant experience at the clinic!
6. Do you have any fancy awards that you want to tell us about?
We are hoping that this is our first! We get plenty of thank you cards and acknowledgements on social media which is always appreciated.
We give out monthly hampers to patients that are most deserving of it and we get some lovely tributes from their owners.
7. What is the one thing that your staff love most about taking care of animals?
We all have entered the veterinary profession because we are animal lovers.
The staff all get great satisfaction in seeing an animal reunited with his/her owner after a successful procedure or a lengthy illness. As we value pets as members of the family we appreciate the joy they can bring.
A healthy pet is a happy owner!