Ireland boasts some of the world’s finest veterinarians. At Pet Sitters Ireland, we value the veterinary professionals in our communities. To honor the best in veterinary care, we are looking for Ireland’s best veterinarians. Do you know a veterinarian or a veterinary clinic that deserves to be recognised as the country’s best? Let us know!
Introducing The Best Vet in Ireland Nominee: Cara Vet Clinic
1. Tell us the name of your vets, where you are located and how potential customers can contact you.
Cara Veterinary Group is a caring and compassionate veterinary group. The group consists of Cara Veterinary Hospital in Dublin 15 and a Cara Veterinary Surgery in Dublin 7.
Phone: 01 885 3253
2. Tell us about your facility and what services you offer?
We provide a full range of veterinary services in our state-of-the-art veterinary hospital, allowing us to become the single resource for your pet’s medical needs. As an existing client, you can also enjoy the benefit of our free veterinary services.
If you would like to save money on your yearly vet bills, click here to read about our Healthy Pets Club, where cat and dog owners can avail of fantastic discounts off their annual vaccinations, flea and worm treatments.
We provide a nose to toes exam for all of our clients’ pets. Please click on the links below to read more about our services:
· Housecall Service
· Emergency Animal Care
· Veterinary Surgery
· Neutering: Spaying and Castration
· Internal Medicine
· Veterinary Dentistry
· Veterinary Radiology
· Annual Vaccinations
· Pet Pain Management
· Nutritional Counselling
· In-House Laboratory
· Blood Transfusion
· Cat Boarding
· Rabbit Boarding
· Ear Problems
· Eye Care
· Pet Euthanasia
3. Tell us about your amazing staff? Why will our pets LOVE them?
We, at Cara Veterinary Group truly value the importance of pets in people’s lives. All vets and nurses are dedicated pet owners and strive to provide the highest quality of pet care in a comfortable, non-threatening environment.
We would be honoured to have you entrust your pet’s medical care to us. We look forward to a great relationship with you and your pet.
4. What makes you different to other vets in your area?
What makes us so different? All employees of Cara Vet Group have strict guiding principles which we all adhere to. It is the little things that make the difference:
· Cara – Did you know that the word ‘Cara’ in Irish means friend? That is why we call ourselves the Cara Vet Group, because all animals are our friends. We really care about all our furry friends that you bring into us. Being pet owners ourselves, we know how much your pet means to you.
· State-of-the-Art Medical & Surgical Facilities – Not only are we accredited as a Registered Veterinary Hospital, (which means that we have all necessary equipment and resources on-site), but we have gone the extra mile to provide our clients and patients with a very modern, state-of-the-art medical and surgical facility. Our clients often comment on how this gives them peace of mind that their pet is in fantastic hands while in our care.
· All creatures great and small – Dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, reptiles, rodents, frogs and fish… You name it, we treat it. We care about all species and treat them all with respect and care.
· Complimentary Services – We provide various free services to help provide an affordable method of ensuring the wellbeing and health of your pet is maintained.
· Free Parking Facilities – We provide free parking for our clients at the Cara Veterinary Hospital in Ballycoolin and the Cara Veterinary Clinic on the North Circular Road.
· Emergency – We provide access to 24/7 emergency care, so save this number should the situation ever arise that you need it: 01 885 3253.
· Expert Staff – Our vets have over 40 years of veterinary experience combined. They have treated thousands of pets for a variety of problems, and they are constantly updating their skills with continuous education, the latest innovations, and protocols.
· Modern Technology – When you choose Cara Vet Group, you have the comfort of knowing that you and your pet are getting the best in modern technology and medicine.
· Compassionate Care – We are dedicated to minimising the suffering of pets during the later stages of their lives, and to provide information and support in order to minimise the suffering experienced by our clients and their families.
· After-Care – Following all procedures, we call our clients to make sure the animal is recovering well. Our clients appreciate this, because it shows them that we really care. This additional information enables us to provide a superior level of care to all patients.
· Wellbeing – We base all our recommendations first on what is in the best interest of our patients. Their health and wellbeing always comes first.
· Communication – In order to be able to provide you and your pet with the best care, it is vital that we listen. Communication is key when it comes to your pets.
· Exclusivity – We only see one patient at a time. We base our measure of success on the quality of the relationship we have with each client and their pet.
· Open and Honest – In advance of any treatment, we will provide you with a written treatment plan detailing an estimate of all costs so that there will be no surprises. We always advise clients to obtain adequate insurance so that unexpected treatment costs don’t become an issue.
· Helpful – If you require help financially, we will work with you to find a way for you to maintain your pet’s health.
5. How do you make your clients tails wag like crazy?
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what some clients have to say about us.
Cara Veterinary Group’s mission is to promote the welfare of animals through excellence in veterinary medicine, unprecedented medical standards, education, and service to our clients and community, while never losing sight of our patients’ and clients’ ever-changing needs. We aim to treat our patients as though they were our own pets, and to treat our clients as though they were our own families.
We achieve this by providing the highest quality medical, surgical, and nursing care to our patients, superior service to our clients, and a safe and enjoyable environment for ourselves; in an atmosphere of compassion, honesty, and respect.
Our philosophy motivates continual improvement by learning, sharing, and growing both as individuals and as a team.
6. Do you have any fancy awards that you want to tell us about?
Our nurses have been nominated for the IVNA (Irish Veterinary Nursing Association) awards a number of times.
7. What is the ONE thing that your staff love most about taking care of animals?
Knowing we have made a difference in the lives of our furry friends who come in to visit us.