Remember if you want the show notes to learn all about what to consider before you adopt or buy a dog in your inbox go to the website and we’ll send you the link each week to the podcast and the notes that go with it.
Weekly Fun Fact
No night vision goggles needed! Dogs’ eyes contain a special membrane, called the tapetum lucidum, which allows them to see in the dark.
In The Pawtime Press
Stay away from the Jelly Fish
Dog owners are being advised in a recent article to keep their dogs on a lead and out of the water at the beach after 2 dogs got very sick from a jelly fish sting.
60 Puppies Seized in 6 weeks
The last 6 weeks has seen a huge crackdown in illegal trafficking of puppies as reported in this recent article. An enormous amount of work has gone into stopping people profiting from puppies that are more than often kept in terrible conditions.
Pawsome Pet Shoutout
This week it was National Dog Day and the internet was full of gorgeous pictures of dogs.
Sid is a gorgeous Bulldog from Scotland. Go over to instagram and say hello to Sid
Remember if you want your pets to be internet famous then post a picture of your pet on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #loveyourpetspodcast Each week we will pick the coolest pets from around the world to feature.
In The Spotlight: What to Consider Before You Adopt or Buy a Dog
Getting a dog is a huge commitment, whether you decide to buy a dog or adopt one. Every person should take time to consider their options and weigh up the pros and cons before they do.
Whether they have time, can afford a dog, have the lifestyle that suits owning a dog and what type of dog. These are all really important things to consider.
- What is your work schedule like?
- Do you have hobbies that take up a lot of time?
- What family commitments do you have?
- Do your friends and family love dogs?
- Do you live in a flat or a house?
- Are you renting or are you a home owner?
Do you know the cost of:
- Pet Care
What Type Of Dog?
- Do you have the space for a big dog?
- Are you looking for an indoor or outdoor dog?
- Do you want a dog you can travel with?
- Do you have an active lifestyle?
Adopt Or Buy?
- Have you contacted local rescues
- Are you planning on talking to breeders?
My Top Tips
- Make a list of the pros and cons
- Talk to other dog owners
- Contact your local rescue for a chat and to spend some time with different dogs
- Write out a budget to check affordability
- Make an informed decision