When you are giving a Pet Sitter the keys to your home and the responsibility of taking care of your pets you want to know that you are making the right choice and that your four legged friends are in safe hands.
So when hiring a Pet Sitter what are the steps that you should take to ensure that you get the right match for you and your family.
1. Decide on your schedule – Before you even contact a Pet Sitter it is important to think about your needs. Are you
looking for someone to take care of your pets when you travel away for a weekend break, is it for a longer holiday or are you looking for someone to take care of your dog when you are out at work? Maybe it is all 3 – but it’s good to be clear about your needs and the needs of your pets.
2. What are your expectations – Do you know what using the services of a Pet Sitter involves? Are you aware that hiring the services of a Pet Sitter is more than just asking the kid next door to come in and take your dog out for a walk or feed your cat? You need to make sure that the Pet Sitter you choose has proper policies and procedures in place.
3. Consider where you will look for a Pet Sitter – Free ads sites and your local newsagents window is probably not where you want to get your Pet Sitter from. Surely you want a company with a reputable brand who can demonstrate that they are a legitimate business.
4. Arrange to Meet your Pet Sitter – Once you have decided on a company to use then meeting with the person who will be taking care of your pets is very important. It’s vital that it is a good match for you and your pets. You don’t want to be heading away to work each day worrying if you made the right choice or wondering how you will really know if they turn up.
5. Make sure you know how to get in touch – Having a legitimate company to take care of your pets means that there is always someone you can contact. Would you really feel comfortable heading to the other side of the world on holiday leaving the care of your pets and home in the hands of just ONE person. What happens if they get sick or just get sick and tired of taking care of your pets! Make sure you have plenty of ways to get in touch with the company you use.
More questions you need answering? Then get in touch on Freephone 1800 30 30 10.